The UK Golf Federation is pleased to announce that membership has more than doubled over the last year. The UK Golf Federation, who represent the proprietary golf course and driving range owners, now have over 500 golf facilities and with major plans for continued growth, the future looks very positive.
The UK Golf Federation provides support for its members on many business aspects through a benefits programme supported by 14 key business suppliers and partners of which 8 are completely free, plus, their major industry corporate partners Club Car, John Deere, Toro and TextronGolf. Working with members and partners the UK Golf Federation looks to increase its support for increasing golf participation through its members’ open access to playing golf.
Richard Haygarth – UK Golf Federation Chairman, said: “Our long-term plans have always been based around growing our membership to a level where we can fully represent the proprietary sector of the golf play market. Now with over 500 members we look to maximise our position as a key stakeholder for participation and work with all major partners in the industry in supporting initiatives.
There are two levels for membership of the UK Golf Federation – Premier and Venue – with both fully supporting members through business and service benefits which are all easily accessed through the website www.ukgolffederation.com.
The key message for their Premier and Venue membership is to support growing golf participation and this will help grow our bottom-line profit.
“We are very pleased with our developments over the last year.” commented Doug Poole, CEO, “Also it is great that we still have many new initiatives with key industry partners already chalked on our board for the future. More will be revealed at our industry show – GolfBIC – on the 16th March 2020 at the Forest of Arden.”
UK Golf Federation membership benefits include access to Insurance, H&S, Legal & Financial and Bookers Wholesale to name a few, plus golf equipment and retail instore marketing support by TGI Group.
There are many great benefits to membership at present and these will continue to grow over the coming months. However, maybe the best benefit is that as members we stand together as golf facility owners or operators and try to maximise our position in the golfing market as key providers of excellent golfing facilities and service. Whilst also, of course, promoting golf participation through our open access to golf facilities.
Membership allows you access to the following free benefit opportunities, which give lots of support to your business:
• Free - Your entry and access to using the UKGF website www.ukgolffederation.com is easy: just enter and login as a Venue Member and load your facility and events. We will drive customers to the site.
• Free - UK Golf Federation Newsletter on topical golf stories and news. This will be distributed to you via your email address with events and information related to our area of the golf industry.
• Free - Entry to GolfBIC the proprietary golf industry show - Premium Members only - but why not join for 2020 and get a free ticket worth £59.00 book via UKGF website.
• VAT - We are constantly working on addressing the tax distortion that affects so many of our members’ businesses, and this will continue until we have achieved a fair tax outcome for all our members in our industry.
• Free - Entry to Bookers’ wholesale rebate discount programme, which can be energised by contacting Susan Cameron, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free - Business Support Helpline on tax, VAT and legal issues is a phone call away, please contact email@example.com for contact details.
• Free - Health and Safety inspection for your golf facilities provided by Encompass. To activate this service, you need to call 0845 017 9866, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with FREE H&S AUDIT in the subject line, which will activate you to the Encompass free information and inspection site.
• Free - Partnership with the British Golf Show – Simple! Just go to www.ukgolffederation.com and check out all the details for the BGS and login events to support and market your facility.
• Special trade account with Fedex, giving a 55% discount on all freighting - please contact email@example.com for prices and further details.
• Confirmed place at GolfBIC the UK Golf Federation Conference and Show - 15th March 2020 at the Forest of Arden Golf Resort. Key speakers, industry exhibition and Gala Dinner - £199.00 including one night B&B.
• Insuring against modern day risks for a golf facility can be a minefield, so UK Golf Federation Members can now call LINKSCOVER on 0203 858 0018 and get free expert advice that can save money and deliver the correct cover needed for their businesses.
• Citation - 10% discount – range of compliance services, which includes their core HR, Employment Law and Health & Safety service including a 24/7 expert advice line, 100’s of model documents, contracts and templates, and a dedicated local consultant with annual site visits. Plus, they can support you with training, fire and electrical safety services, ISO Certifications, and SMAS Accreditation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Membership through the UKGF of the All-Party Parliamentary Golf Group (APPG)
• TGI Golf - discount on Association Membership - make use of a range of seven benefits, including marketing & PR tools, finance products through TGI Golf Finance and free in-store assistance from its expert retail consultants. Join via the UKGF website - see the Benefits Page.
There is more to come from membership as we go forward with our ever-changing golf industry
and always feel free to contact us with any issues you would like to discuss or new areas of interest
that could be beneficial to the UK Golf Federation and its members.